How to Clean a Gaming Mouse? For whatever reason, the mouse seems to be the neglecting device while cleaning sessions of the entire PC setup. Genuinely, a gaming mouse should be the primary PC accessory that needs more attention as it is that major part of the computer that is touched and used frequently when the PC is turned ON.
Techniques Of How to Clean a Gaming Mouse?
The maintenance of the gaming mouse must be focused on as any malfunction by the mouse critically affects your gaming session experience. To ensure the optimal functionality of the mouse, we are going to mention a simple guide on how to clean a gaming mouse properly for long-term use.
Tools You Will Need To Clean A Gaming Mouse
The mentioned tools and things must be needed in order to clean your mouse so it lasts you a while.
Disinfectant/ Alcohol Wet Wipes
As we all know that since 2020 with the Covid arrival, everyone is concerned about sanitizing, and alcohol is one of the best sanitizing solutions. When you move into your area, you touch random things and then use your mouse. For the prevention of germs, keep disinfectant/alcohol wipes and swap them on your mouse. And when you deep clean your mouse, use these wipes on it as well.
When you are wondering for How to Clean a Gaming Mouse? Then the filth of the mouse can be removed by a microfiber cloth, as it is the best option for removing the dust and other debris from it. It does not leave any fibers behind it that are good and provides you with a tidy finish.
Cotton buds are used to clean the dust particles from the small holes and the spots where your fingers are not easily reachable. Moreover, you can also use toothpicks if the nooks and crannies scrape out the dirt and are not cleanable with the cotton bud.
Dray rags are used after the wet cleaning from wipes or wet cloth. It is used for dusting purposes and drying the surface of the mouse.
If you are looking for How to Clean a Gaming Mouse? Then we suggest you must have a screwdriver but not use it frequently as it is only needed when you deep clean and your mouse needs to remove the dust from the area which is packed within the body. The screwdrivers are only needed when you are ready to disassemble your mouse.
Paper towels must be placed on the desk to absorb the dirt while cleaning.
Simple Steps Mouse Cleaning
You can simply deep clean your gaming mouse by following the steps mentioned below.
Step 1 – Unplug Mouse From Your PC
In the first step, if you have a wired gaming mouse under $100 simply just unplug your mouse from your computer or PC. As electricity is a good conductor of wet bodies, there is a chance of electric shock if you clean the mouse while it is connected to the PC.
If you are looking for how to clean a gaming mouse? but if you have a wireless mouse, just turn off the mouse power button or disconnect it from your PC. And try to remove the batteries (if removable) to avoid any issues.
Step 2 – Place The Paper Towels
Before starting the cleaning process, place the paper towel on the desk. So, it may absorb the dirt and dust emitted by cleaning the mouse and the desk remains tidy even after the cleaning. The paper towels are disposable and they save time as you can dispose of them after use. Meanwhile, if you have not placed them before cleaning, you’ll need to clean the desk after the mouse.
Step 3 – Wiping Out The Dirt!
- Make sure to clean and assemble the dirt from curves, cracks, and tiny nooks. And with the use of microfiber cloth, you make the mouse free from germs and dirt.
- Use the microfiber cloth, which is damp with alcohol and not dripping with it.
- The most careful and essential cleaning part of the mouse is its sensor because an untidy sensor may affect the tracking and scrolling of the mouse. Gently wipe out the dust from alcohol wet wipes.
- Moreover, you can also use a blow air gun or a compressed air gun to blow air into the not reachable spots and tiny nooky areas of the mouse and make sure the deep cleaning of it.
- But if you do not have a blow air gun, you can use cotton buds or toothpicks to clean the nooks and crannies to wipe out the dirt from your mouse.
- A toothpick can also be used to remove the gunk and grime from the crevices of the mouse. The area of the cervices is around the mouse buttons and its body.
Step 4 – Disassembling Of The Mouse
The query of How to Clean a Gaming Mouse? at this step, we suggest a screwdriver is used to disassemble the mouse. Once the alcohol gets dry from the body of the mouse. This step arrived and it may vary from mouse to mouse as some manufacturers’ did not manufacture a mouse with disassembling features. Before disassembling the mouse make sure you’ve read the manual and then start to take your mouse apart.
When you disassemble your mouse gently wipe out the dirt with an alcohol wipe (not dripping with alcohol). Remove the dead skin cells, hair, dust, and crumbs from it as they come from the openings and cracks of the mouse from the upper area of the mouse. Then dry the area carefully.
Step 5 – Reassembling Of The Mouse
And the last step is that once you are sure that you are done with cleaning, move forward to reassembling the mouse. Make sure all the components of the mouse are properly dried before plugging it again into your computer. Even slight moisture can completely ruin your setup. Let your mouse take its time to dry before use.
Take the mentioned precautions carefully while cleaning your gaming mouse.
- Avoid hot water for cleaning
- Do not plugin the mouse until its components get dry properly
- Use the disinfectant/alcohol wipes damp not dripping
- Clean the mouse with a microfiber cloth to avoid scratches and fiber particles
- A hairdryer can also be used as blow air but your preference must be a blow air gun
We are just suggesting these steps of How to Clean a Gaming Mouse? and if you do not want to use wet clothes or blow air for cleaning and maintenance, it’s all your choice! And carefully read all the labels of the products being used to make sure that the products’ usage is not hazardous for accessories and health.